The Road to Women’s Business Growth project is a unique initiative which will build the business skills of women entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
The project aims to increase women's access to financial services and markets as well as empower them to grow profitable and sustainable business, ultimately promoting their long-term economic independence.
Though there is no registration fee, however, applicants are advised to note that participants will cover their travel/transportation costs to the project's training centres located in three cities: Lagos, Abuja or Uyo.
The project will focus on providing support to women entrepreneurs through its two phased approach:
- 500 small business owners will be trained in financial literacy and investment readiness over six (6) weeks, including two classroom workshops and four weeks of e-learning (January - March 2016).
- 100 top performing women entrepreneurs (out of the 500) will receive intensive business support in the form of tailored business training and services and on-going mentoring over six months (from May 2016).
To be eligible for this program you need to:
- Own a business in Nigeria.
- Operate a business in a high-growth sector.
- Have 3 - 49 staff.
- Have an annual turnover of N3-20 million.
- Have English language fluency.
- Have a business which has generated profit for at least 2 years
- Have a strong desire and commitment to grow your business.
- Have basic computer literacy.
- Have a need for additional investment and have had no previous access to formal financial services.
Application deadline is 5pm on 10 December 2015. You are encouraged to apply ASAP.
For further information and to apply, click here.